Monday, October 8, 2012

Mac Prep + Prime Skin Smoother & Moisture Infusion Primer




So Throughout the summer I was obsessed with these products they were my go to for priming my skin!! As you can see they are used and abused and I really was pleased with the results. I like to give myself at least a month or so to try out a new product before I give them an intensive review. 

Lets Start with the play by play of who would benefit from these two products. Mac launched both of these products around the start of summer just in time for that summer sun!! 

Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion Serum 


Like myself most of you probably find yourself out in the sun a little more often in the summer months. Therefor you probably find your skin and makeup to not always agree with one another. I started each morning and nightly regimen with the Mac Moisture Infusion Serum! AFTER fully cleansing my skin This was the first thing I applied to my sun struck face... Its a lightweight blast of hydration that instantly leaves your skin with a baby soft feeling... I noticed that I generally got a reduction in any redness from my light acne marks and sun exposure. Prior to using this product my skin was often dry.. It made a huge difference on those extra dry areas like my nose and forehead. Anyways.. long story short.. This is definitely my favorite of the two primers...

Prep + Prime Skin Smoother

When I first got word of this product launching I was super excited!! I personally am always on the hunt for a new Primer. Like a lot of you out there I have really sensitive skin and still suffer from acne. I am always convinced that the primer plays a large roll in my breakouts so that was my first concern when trying this.. Although I do love that it is designed to smooth out any textured areas I did find that if you applied to much of this product it would ball up on your skin... After applying this with my large duo fiber brush for the first week or so I decided to try sponging it onto the skin.. I found that I actually liked the results of this much better than using the brush. Another downfall of the brush application was that the brush hair's often collected in the compact.. Not really a huge deal but  the compact starts to show signs of wear right away.. I found that when applied with the sponge you could really blend it into the skin avoiding any buildup... In the end I gave up on this product for my personal use but love it for models and events when looking to really build full coverage with any foundation. 



Heres a quick snapshot of the two products on my skin. With a light application of studio fix powder for my foundation and Mineralize skin finish natural Medium Dark for my bronzer.. As you can see I am currently having a few minimal breakouts but the primers do work to cover any redness / discoloration 



No comments: